Sunday, September 8, 2013

24 Weeks 1 Day - Cravings During This Pregnancy

My cravings during this pregnancy haven't been as strong in some  ways, but every so often I get a nagging, "Ooh, that sounds pretty good right now."  For example,  right now I'm thinking  a lot about those yogurt covered star cookies from Trader Joes.

I think this time I've been craving salty and savory foods and meat items, which is funny because last time I didn't care much for meat at all.

Some things that I have been eating more of than I usually do, or that seem to always sound pretty good to me:

  • Everything bagel with reduced fat cream cheese from Panera Bread
  • Tempura Udon when I'm in Portland
  • Banh mi sandwiches from Banh Mi San Marcos
  • Pho
  • Taco Bell tacos with cinnamon twists
  • Costco hot dog
  • Hamburger and fries
  • Clam Chowder with Sourdough bread when I'm in Seattle
  • Pizza
  • Coffee ice cream
  • Yellowtail sashimi
  • Dim Sum
I've also definitely been more lenient about what I eat this second time around.  For example, I've had yellowtail sushi about three times.  Just one order at a time.  Last time I didn't even think about touching raw fish.  I've had cold cuts, like turkey and roast beef.  Last time I avoided it unless I didn't have any other choice.  This time I've had pasteurized brie,  and have taken an occasional sip of wine just to taste it.  Last time I avoided both of these like the plague.  Oh  and soft serve. I've had that too. And I've even  been drinking decaf coffee and a green tea once in a while.  I've learned what that I don't have to completely deprive myself as long as I stay reasonable and moderate about things.  It's funny how the 2nd time around, you just worry less... well in my case, I've been so busy with work  that I don't  really have time to worry about this pregnancy.  

My belly seems to have sprung out overnight! Just in the last three weeks it's  doubled in size! Things are getting uncomfortable, and I'm finally feeling like a pregnant lady.  It kind of sucks, but I'm more excited about it.  I'm finally feeling in touch with my pregnant self, which I haven't really felt up until now.  I know this is where I begin to enjoy the journey of being pregnant and I'm  looking forward to it...swollen  feet, aching back, and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...