Saturday, May 4, 2013

6 Weeks

It's 3:40 in the morning.  I have a bowl of hot noodles in front of me.  I can't sleep.  Audrey woke up around 2, and luckily Stu went to get her, but  I had the hardest time  going back to sleep.  It was too hot.  Then it was too cold.  Then I felt thirsty, but then I also felt nauseated.  Then I tossed and turned in bed and worries started to enter my head...

With morning sickness starting to rear its ugly head, how am I supposed to deal with work over the next two weeks? I'm going to be traveling and meeting with customers and will be trying to get a demo together that currently doesn't exist.  I've been so tired these last two days, I have no idea how I'll last.

And then there was the worry about the health of the baby.  There's nothing I can do about it other than try to take care of myself, but I worry about the things that could go wrong with this pregnancy.  I guess it's normal at this stage, with so much ahead of me.  I had these same worries I think with the first pregnancy, but I also remember that once the 2nd trimester rolled around, I didn't think much about it.  I hope that'll be the same case here. I guess now that I know how much I love Audrey, and knowing how much I'll love this new baby, it scares me when I think of anything going wrong.

And finally there was the worry of who would watch Audrey when I went into labor.  What happens if the baby comes early and no one's around?  This one is a bit irrational because I know there will be a plan by that point, but I still worry.  Just want to make sure my big baby is taken care of.

I started to feel really overwhelmed and began to cry.  Stu woke up and heard me crying and he began to gently slap me on the arm.  "I've heard that this is very comforting," he said.  Audrey had been patting her Violet dog on the back tonight before going to bed.  That made me laugh a little.

I decided to just get up and get a drink.  I walked into the kitchen and thought, "Noodles."  And here I am.  The Cleveland Show helps a little too.

I hope I don't regret eating these salty noodles.  It'll just make me more thirsty and not sleep. Sigh...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...